UNIVERSITY ROOMATES; My eyes don see!!!!!!! EPISODE 1.
NOTE: Hello guys! So I'm starting a series, "University roommates" I would be taking you down the memory lane about my experiences in the university with the different types of roomates I had during my time, grab your popcorn and Enjoy!.
***************
I had always loved staying on campus not because the accommodation was great or "state of the art" but because it was more conducive and I didn't want the stress of jumping buses from town to main campus to attend classes and all, in my 100 level I wasn't able to get school hostel so I stayed off campus but from my 200level to 400 level, I stayed in school. Now in my 300 level i balloted for school hostel and got a room of 6, Sigh.
I was not new to staying on-campus so I knew the logic, there was always drama in the hostel, i was prepared as well. I moved in and everything was fine until my school decided to organize a summit for international (Non-english speaking) students, the school decided to share this students to every room in the hostels in 1s and 2s, that's how we became 8 oh in my room! Ha! This new international students moved in and introduced themselves, they didn't understand English but they understood Yoruba (they are from Benin republic) so communication wasn't that much of a task. We lived as one and shared virtually everything with them but one of the particular boys, let's call him Yusuf, Yusuf was always acting very weird and mischievous, he would use our properties without asking and would not even return them till you ask, he was always rude about it, I would most times be pissed but I'd just stay calm, I didn't want a fight and often times I would let it slide.
The weekend came, I made Goat meat stew and peppered vegetables, Everybody in the room was salivating lol, I cooked my food and left for an event off-campus, I came back very tired and worn-out, all i wanted was to just eat and sleep, oya o, let me warm my food, only for me to meet my pot in a different way and setting from the way I left it! Haa! egbami?!!! What happened here? I was angry!!! before I could start shouting, Yusuf came and told me he removed meats from my pot and he was laughing about it! What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cooked and left everything jeje in my corner and this bobo came with his two left legs to "chook" hand inside my pot! Naso drama start! I was clearly furious because this boy had been trying me since day one and now he had the effontery and temerity to steal my meat! I started fuming!! Omo see drama. I was clearly pissed! Guys!!! Guess what this manipulative bobo did?
He turned it into a vocal fight and starting claiming RIGHT!! ON TOP OF MY OWN MEATTTTT!!! Jesus!!!!πππππππ. We started shouting and cursing out in the night o, the whole hostel was out already and this hostel boys were ready for a show and boy! Heaven knew i was going to beat "don't be stupid" out of this boy's body but because it was a serious crime to beat somebody in the hostel, and I wasn't ready to graduate in 300level, the highest I could was shout.
We continued back and forth with word exchange that's how this bobo said he will show me pepper and all of a sudden he brought out (ORUKA AGBARA!) A YORUBA FETISH RING! He started cursing out and chanting incantations, I didn't move an inch, people gathered and were begging me to run, I didn't even move! The whole hostel was watching and making videos!! Heck! They begged him to stop, the more they begged him the more he continued feeling like a king, I was scared but i did not move o! EMI keh!!!!! I started praying and kabashing in my mind o (emi omo MFM) how will this boy embarrass and win me publicly on my own meat???!!!! JESU GBAMI (JESUS SAVE ME)!! He was so closed to hitting me with this ORUKA When a hostel porter came and scattered everything, apparently one of the people in the crowd had called the porter because we had created a scene, the porter came, I explained everything and said my mind, Yusuf explained too but he clearly wasn't making a point. The porter was angry but couldn't do anything to him because he was an international student here for a very short period, he simply apologized to me and re-allocated him to another room and everyone went their separate ways, he promised to show me "pepper 2.0 and END me" but it's been 3 years sha and I have not heard anything from him but this is one experience i would never forget in a hurry!!!!!!! I got back to my room and warmed my Goat meat stew and lo and behold! The stew was spoilt!!!!! Sighhh...
University roommates? My eyes don see fire!!!!!
NOTE: Hello guys! So I'm starting a series, "University roommates" I would be taking you down the memory lane about my experiences in the university with the different types of roomates I had during my time, grab your popcorn and Enjoy!.
***************
I had always loved staying on campus not because the accommodation was great or "state of the art" but because it was more conducive and I didn't want the stress of jumping buses from town to main campus to attend classes and all, in my 100 level I wasn't able to get school hostel so I stayed off campus but from my 200level to 400 level, I stayed in school. Now in my 300 level i balloted for school hostel and got a room of 6, Sigh.
I was not new to staying on-campus so I knew the logic, there was always drama in the hostel, i was prepared as well. I moved in and everything was fine until my school decided to organize a summit for international (Non-english speaking) students, the school decided to share this students to every room in the hostels in 1s and 2s, that's how we became 8 oh in my room! Ha! This new international students moved in and introduced themselves, they didn't understand English but they understood Yoruba (they are from Benin republic) so communication wasn't that much of a task. We lived as one and shared virtually everything with them but one of the particular boys, let's call him Yusuf, Yusuf was always acting very weird and mischievous, he would use our properties without asking and would not even return them till you ask, he was always rude about it, I would most times be pissed but I'd just stay calm, I didn't want a fight and often times I would let it slide.
The weekend came, I made Goat meat stew and peppered vegetables, Everybody in the room was salivating lol, I cooked my food and left for an event off-campus, I came back very tired and worn-out, all i wanted was to just eat and sleep, oya o, let me warm my food, only for me to meet my pot in a different way and setting from the way I left it! Haa! egbami?!!! What happened here? I was angry!!! before I could start shouting, Yusuf came and told me he removed meats from my pot and he was laughing about it! What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cooked and left everything jeje in my corner and this bobo came with his two left legs to "chook" hand inside my pot! Naso drama start! I was clearly furious because this boy had been trying me since day one and now he had the effontery and temerity to steal my meat! I started fuming!! Omo see drama. I was clearly pissed! Guys!!! Guess what this manipulative bobo did?
He turned it into a vocal fight and starting claiming RIGHT!! ON TOP OF MY OWN MEATTTTT!!! Jesus!!!!πππππππ. We started shouting and cursing out in the night o, the whole hostel was out already and this hostel boys were ready for a show and boy! Heaven knew i was going to beat "don't be stupid" out of this boy's body but because it was a serious crime to beat somebody in the hostel, and I wasn't ready to graduate in 300level, the highest I could was shout.
We continued back and forth with word exchange that's how this bobo said he will show me pepper and all of a sudden he brought out (ORUKA AGBARA!) A YORUBA FETISH RING! He started cursing out and chanting incantations, I didn't move an inch, people gathered and were begging me to run, I didn't even move! The whole hostel was watching and making videos!! Heck! They begged him to stop, the more they begged him the more he continued feeling like a king, I was scared but i did not move o! EMI keh!!!!! I started praying and kabashing in my mind o (emi omo MFM) how will this boy embarrass and win me publicly on my own meat???!!!! JESU GBAMI (JESUS SAVE ME)!! He was so closed to hitting me with this ORUKA When a hostel porter came and scattered everything, apparently one of the people in the crowd had called the porter because we had created a scene, the porter came, I explained everything and said my mind, Yusuf explained too but he clearly wasn't making a point. The porter was angry but couldn't do anything to him because he was an international student here for a very short period, he simply apologized to me and re-allocated him to another room and everyone went their separate ways, he promised to show me "pepper 2.0 and END me" but it's been 3 years sha and I have not heard anything from him but this is one experience i would never forget in a hurry!!!!!!! I got back to my room and warmed my Goat meat stew and lo and behold! The stew was spoilt!!!!! Sighhh...
University roommates? My eyes don see fire!!!!!
Did you also have terrible roomate?
How did you handle them?
Kind regards, Lharmiππ
Kind regards, Lharmiππ
Na why I no dey do hostel parols. Those humans will embarrass you
ReplyDeleteOmo I just dey imagine the thing for my head... I was vexed while reading it sef! TF!!! For stew wey nor be your own ahhh that dey me and you go enter one pant... Arant rubbish
ReplyDeleteAnyways nice one! And I'm happy you were able to hold your temper not to hit him cos Jesus knows I would have done something if it was me.
All those airheads that know they've done something wrong but don't want to admit. Ehn! On your own meat o! He has the guts to be doing all those drama. Anywho! As for me, It was in my final year I got school hostel and it was smooth, no problem at all! Its even the roommates that I had outside school that gave me problem.
ReplyDeleteGood write-up Lharmi!
-Empress
Well man its cause of all this shiit I prefer to stay alone ...roomates can be good but, are they hard to find..and about the pot of soup..i love cooking and don't play with my food..so with all the rubbish he did I could have cooked him alive and pour awayπ€£π.
ReplyDeleteOh my, what an experience, but please next time run for your life, who disfracet epp? That guy is evil though
ReplyDelete