WAKA WAKA GONE WRONG!


Now playing : "WAKA WAKA" BY Brymo olawale.

    For those of y'all who don't know, My name is actually Olamide and "Lharmi" is curled and refurbished from O"lami"de and one funny thing about me is that, I DEY WAKA, I LIKE WAKA WAKA, I LIKE TO DEY COMMOT, HAVE FUN AND JUST CHILL OUT. INFACT, AJALA THE TRAVELLER NO DO REACH ME! But this particular WAKA-WAKA put me in serious trouble. Get your popcorn and cold gingered zobo ready, It's story time!
    Graduating list came out and apparently my name was on the list and damn Boy! I was happy and indifferent at the same time but
because my Eyes had seen "shege" in this school and I was finally leaving, it made me atleast HAPPY but the rule of the school was that before the proper Graduation, it was required that we do clearance which was like another battle entirely so I travelled down to Ilorin to begin this clearance early enough in order not to be frustrated in the process and also finish on time as well.
    This time around, i wasnt travelling back to Ilorin with worries of what the next semester will be like or what courses will give me headache but I was coming as a Graduate with the "bad bissh Energy"  I was done with this school and ain't nobody telling me nothing. I started my clearance in ilorin and suprisingly, i finished so fast and I almost regretted leaving Lagos so fast. Ilorin became so boring, convocation was still far and wasn't coming up till like-after 2 and the half weeks, jesu!!! everything was tiring, Irksome and uninteresting, Sigh.
    Boredom was the order of my day and even as I stayed with my friend we basically ran out of gist and my money was finishing, jesu. I continued staying in ilorin because returning to Lagos wasn't an Option, All this continued till I received a Call from Aunty Ayoola. "Olamide, Olamide!! Dress up now and come at meet me at Saw-mill park, I'm travelling to Ibadan and I need company, dress up and meet me at the park now!" omooo, I was on my bed practically naked doing absolutely nothing when I got this call and Aunty Ayoola being my SCHOOL MUMMY/BIG AUNTY who was practically one of the best things that  happened to me was calling me to accompany her to ibadan, knowing fully well that Aunty Ayoola cannot sha kill me, I dressed up showered and took Opay straight to the park and under 10 minutes I was almost at the park, on my way to Ibadan, Ajala the traveller who?.
    I got to the park and figured aunty Ayoola Rented a whole private car, wr exchange pleasantries, settled and boom off we were, while on the journey, I kept on wondering what if I saw my dad in Ibadan? what if I saw one of his friends? What if I see a family member? What if I Had an Accident on the road? What if something happened and I die? Wetin go sup? All this questions in my mind but I didn't even care, I was down for this trip and I wasn't looking back, What was I? Omo Buruku The 1st!
   We started the journey and it was one hell of an Adventurous one, I legit talked non-stop from Ilorin to Ibadan! From gossips to trending gists to Economic and financial talks to proposed convocation party talk, I was talking and gรฌsting, I maintained the conversations and "Gists" so well that i left the driver in Awe. He kept asking "who I was". While in the car amidst all the fun I was having, I kept uttering A silent prayer which says "God, let me go and comeback in peace and don't let me see anybody I know especially family members" i kept uttering this prayer but my village people weren't having it and little did I know.
    We finally got to Ibadan and faced what brought us down there first, aunty ayoola's company in Ilorin had sent her down to Ibadan and this was our priority and we made sure we finished the companies duties before we start our "Chop-life waka", we finished the companies duties later in the evening and we were exhausted already and we still wanted to return to Ilorin that same day but i insisted that this "Ibadan chop life waka" cannot be carried over so we started off, EMI LAYEMI.
    I bought everything I could lay my hands on. finger foods o, Drinks everything, it wasn't my money I was spending so it was bliss! I was ready to try Amala-lafun with ogunfe for the first time across the road somewhere and just as I was about to cross the road I heard my name! Olamide! Olamide!! Omoo! I froze! Who sabi me for this ibadan? I turned and figured It was an extended relative and I wondered what in the world this woman was looking for up and down, she stayed in lagos, and now she's seeing me in Ibadan, my heart was beating. I greeted her and exchanged pleasantries with her and she left in a hurry, was she going to tell my parents? I didn't know? Were my village people active? YES! Were they done with me? No!
   I bought the Amala-lafun and Ogunfe but I didn't enjoy the meal one bit because I kept wondering and wondering what will happen? Everybody thought olamide was in ilorin and this my nosy aunty was about to ruin everything for me, I just hoped she won't tell anybody. After this incident I was tired and really wanted to travel back to Ilorin, i did a lirrรน shopping and took a bus with aunty Ayoola to the nearest park, got a ticket and waited while the driver kept shouting, Ilorin, Ilorin! Ilorin 2 more chance, enter with your 1500.
    Enter with your 1500, Ilorin Ilorin, the driver kept chanting ride beside me, my father's call then came in, he asked about my well-being and how the clearance was going I answered in the affirmative and explained to him. He then said Olamide?! Where are you and why are they shouting Ilorin Ilorin" beneath. What's happening?. Omoooooooo!!!!!
    At this point I realized it was over and I just needed to change the whole story, before "yawa gas finish" I then lied that it was network, indicating the network was very bad and he was maybe hearing something else, I also made him know that I was in my hostel in school preparing to wash clothes sef, Lee what? Leemao! I didn't even know if he believed me but as soon as he got off the phone I switched my Phone to Airplane mode tori my village people cannot win me 3 times in a row before another person will call and say Okoto meow. We kicked off the journey back to Ilorin and on our way we almost had an Accident! I ended up getting to Ilorin by past 10pm and by the time I got to my Area in ilorin, cult boys were fighting.
    These boys were fighting and it was past 10pm already so I was responsible for whatever happened to me because of WAKA-WAKA! My life was on the line again. I sha prayed that God o! Convocation is almost here and plix let me even "ZARA SUIT" ! I eventually entered my house few minutes to 11pm and I couldn't even sleep till 3am because my entire day was a mess and WAKA-WAKA almost put me in trouble.
This was a WAKA-WAKA gone wrong even though I had fun and chop life small in Ibadan but I certainly won't do this again.

Do you do "WAKA-WAKA" like me?

Are you worse?

Have your parents caught in a strange place before?

How did you solve the Situation?

Did you enjoy the story?
Kindly Read, share and comment too๐Ÿ’›

Good Morning!

Comments

  1. At least you sabi how you reach IB, one of my guy, The plan was go to IB to see avengers, end game but Waka waka = sango almost entering lag sef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ������Waka Waka no go kill you lharmi,nice write-up though❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the extended relative tell your parents?๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No o! I don't even know lmaoo, maybe she will tell them tomorrow

      Delete
    2. Lol, baba said maybe tomorrow ��

      Delete
  4. I always had the assumption that it was only girls that like "Waka Waka", great story tho

    ReplyDelete
  5. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ me I was expecting you to tell us if she told them now. Omo you sha enjoyed and you’re still alive. Wonderful read too ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're one in a million dear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NIGERIAN POLICE?; TUEH!!!!!!

"Resist the urge to shalaye"